Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
PHOTO ASSISTANT - HOLLYWOOD
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Photo Assistant has the relevant training or experience to allow them to be a valuable asset in a commercial photography studio. This individual focuses on assisting the photographer with set up and lighting, but also provides a crucial supporting role to the various production crew members where needed.
- Report to the Lead Photo Assistant to receive daily project assignments and task checklists.
- Work on assigned photo sets under the direction of the photographer, focusing on setting up/taking down equipment, positioning lighting, and moving products.
- Take ownership of safety on the photography set by routing or taping cables to reduce tripping hazards, adding sandbags to unstable stands and sets, and generally ensuring that set pieces and equipment are secured and rigged properly.
- Willingly perform and effectively prioritize any additional tasks that are requested by the photographer, Photo Art Director, Producer, or stylists. Fill in for a variety of roles as needed.
- Assist the set building crew as needed in painting walls, performing minor repairs, and assembly/tear down of sets.
- Assist the assembly crew as needed to unbox and assemble products for photography.
- Be aware of bottlenecks in the process and proactively identify ways to help.
- Work closely with sample coordinators to understand the shoot schedule and move products to and from set in order.
- Maintain an orderly and efficient photo set by returning unused equipment to its proper place and removing clutter from work areas.
- Ability to travel with production crew on location shoots, and drive box trucks with props, gear, and/or merchandise as needed.
- Temporarily assume the duties of a Digital Tech in the case of an absence.
- Assist the Lead Digital Tech in the technical support of studio staff, including: troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Bachelors degree in photography or equivalent in a closely related field.
- Experience working in a commercial photography studio preferred.
- Working knowledge of cameras, lighting, and other commercial photo studio tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One software.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines outlined in the shooting schedule.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pass forklift certification preferred.
- Valid drivers license and a clean driving record preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Studio Lighting
- Macintosh computers
- Adobe Photoshop
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- This position requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.