Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
We are a progressive procurement organization pushing the boundaries of traditional procurement reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think creatively to achieve company objectives regarding value and partnerships with our suppliers. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. Think Cosmopolitan has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and delivery. The purchasing team has aggressive objectives for 2018 that positively impact our product and bottom line. We are looking for the right person who is equipped and ready for these challenges to join our team.
This Buyer position will be responsible for managing the software category for all Think Cosmopolitan locations and other categories as needed. We expect that the person in this role will be able to manage several projects (including RFPs) at once along while keeping up with the daily tactical activities. We are looking for an individual with an internal drive, strong self-management skills, excellent judgement and outstanding communication skills in order to be successful in this role.
STRATEGY AND SOURCING: Create strategies to support software purchases for all locations. Recommend and implement sourcing strategy based on variety of factors, including product, operational, strategic, and financial considerations. Collaborate with Purchasing teams across all sites for overarching spend categories. Prepare, issue and analyze RFx packages for one-time projects and ongoing goods and services requirements.
SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT: Manage and maintain supplier relationships and monitor status of work performed. Analyze supplier performance and negotiate contracts, assess new supplier relationships, and consolidate supplier relationships as necessary. Establish preferred suppliers for categories.
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships. Collaborate with the internal customers to understand requirements and roadmaps. Provide solutions to a wide range of problems.
ANALYSIS: Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis, including strategic direction, market and industry position, capabilities and capacity, and risk assessment. Identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for category managed. Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost. Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI's for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Identify and execute cost reduction projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders and project updates. Implement cost-saving programs with suppliers and customers.
TACTICAL ACTIVITIES: Issue purchase orders, ensure timely delivery and resolve invoice issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in purchasing, supplier management, contract negotiations or a combination of these areas.
- At least 1 year experience managing software licenses and/or negotiating software agreements.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the EDA software industry.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Exceptional analytic, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, especially MS Office Suite.
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity.
- Position may require long hours (10-12 hour days) and weekend work when necessary.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.