Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
INFORMATION SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
We are a target of both nation states and people focused on brand destruction. Information drives our business and we must protect against unauthorized changes, improper destruction, loss, or theft of that information. As a highly visible and dynamic organization, we must also valuable and guard against damage to our reputation and brand. Finally, it is paramount that we defend against loss of control or confidence in our systems, in order to guarantee the highest probability of success. The Security Operations Manager is responsible for managing Information Security professional staff, processes, and technologies to defend and protect Think Cosmopolitan systems and information assets against cyber-attack.
The Information Security Operations Manager is a subject matter expert in cyber security defense and leads a team of security and technical professionals to design (in coordination with the Information Security Engineering Team) and execute best-in-class Network Monitoring, Preventative and Detective Controls, Forensics and Investigations, Security Awareness (in coordination with the Information Security Assurance Team), Security Vulnerability Management and Cyber Threat Intelligence activities. The Information Security Operations Manager will play a key role leading in coordination with the Incident Response Team during incident and crisis response. The Manager (in coordination with the Information Assurance Manager) will develop and maintain key relationships with external cyber security organizations, such as DHS, DSIE, FS-ISAC member institutions, federal/state law enforcement and regulatory agencies. The Information Security Operations Manager is both operationally-focused in the defense of Think Cosmopolitan’s network, and strategically position the organization in preparation for increasing complexity and emerging threats through best practice tool optimization. The Manager will produce weekly and monthly reports identifying trends and enhancements aligned with security posture and positioning.
- Lead the creation, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise Cyber Security Operations procedures, processes and playbooks
- On a daily basis, oversee and lead security operations team to identify and respond to cyber threat activities
- Lead and manage technology vulnerability identification and remediation/patching of priority vulnerabilities
- Develop and lead cyber threat intelligence efforts to identify and analyze long-term and short-term cyber threat actor groups, techniques and tactics to inform information security defenses and technology decisions
- Manage department's budget and manage team of engineers and subject matter specialists to ensure continued success and growth
- Manage Security Operations projects, including process improvement and technology investment
- Develop and communicate to peers and business partners aspects of cyber defense, including crisis/incident communications, investigative results and training and awareness of the cyber threat landscape
- Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics for both risk and performance, and measurements of colleague performance
- Promote team's growth. Triage and resolve escalations of issues
- By example, enable the team to work in a collaborative way with other groups within information security, physical security, information technology, business application, and those groups in the business the regularly interact with information security (engineering, operations, supplier management, legal…)
- Define and maintain the roadmap of program and technology changes being driven by the SOC and incident response information security organization
- Manage and maintain relationships with external sources of information security information that can be used to manage our security program
- Grow this team with the organization to meet needs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, security, or similar computer-related field of study
- 5+ years of information security experience
- 3+ years of event and or incident response experience in a high paced cyber operations environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in fast paced Cyber Security Operations Centers
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- In-depth familiarity with work flow tools and ability to develop and improve tools/processes
- Familiarity with industry organizations and individuals that can be leveraged for knowledge sharing and support
- Familiarity with SIEM tools and abilities
- Digital forensics or enterprise investigation experience
- Having at least two of the following certifications is a plus; CISSP, GCIH, CCNA, C|EH, CISA,GPEN,CHFI
- Mastery of incident response methodologies, best practices and routines
- Advanced level of understanding in cyber specialization and several cyber related disciplines to investigate and analyze all response activities related to cyber incidents
- Mastery at directing and coordinating technical response teams to develop quick containment solutions to cyber security incidents
- Expert at identifying various types of events and incidents and applying the right response framework for each (i.e. information mishandling, security vulnerability, system exploit, malware infection, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with mastery of the ability to tailor the context of the conversation to the audience
- Experience with socializing awareness campaigns
- Basic to advanced reverse engineering with deep understanding of IOC’s, Cyber Kill Chain, and preventive and detective technical controls
- Ability to think outside the box and develop solutions to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks, while remaining risk and objective focused
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.