Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
- Provide day-to-day direction, supervision, coaching, and support for Styling Team
Monitor team member schedules and make work assignments, ensuring that work is prioritized appropriately
- Work with the Photo Art Director insuring all sets are staffed with the appropriate Stylists
- Manage the prop room and aisles by SKU’ing and maintaining studio photo props
- Lead Styling Team by demonstrating proper set etiquette and complex techniques while working on set
- Collaborate with the Photo Art Director and Photographers to create compelling images of home products in full environments and vignettes for product pages, videos, and other marketing initiatives
- Ensure photo sets are clear of unused props and merchandise to increase efficiency and workplace safety
- Review images continuously with the photographer during photo shoots to ensure merchandise is featured appropriately
- Dust, clean, and/or steam merchandise and props to ensure items are free of dust, fingerprints, and wrinkles.
- Lead by regularly working on high-profile projects and demonstrating advanced styling techniques and trends for team members
- In addition to styling, fully participate as needed on assigned projects, including: planning, budgeting, developing concepts, location scouting, and set designs
- Assist the Photo Art Director in developing concepts and designs for realistic photo sets that follow current trends
- Collaborate with the Photo Art Director to establish style guides and standard
- Serve as the point person or liaison for certain projects as assigned by the Photo Art Director
- Identify and approve the purchase of needed props, tools, and supplies
- Independently source and purchase props for assigned projects, while staying within a budget
- Follow outlined styling standards and identify areas for improvement to be incorporated in to the style guide
- Follow home décor trends and evaluate competition in order to style home sets and products to meet or exceed industry norms
- Direct the curation of the prop collection and establish processes for acquiring, organizing, and retiring props
- Represent the photography studio in interdepartmental projects and major company initiatives as assigned
- Develop and oversee budgets for props
- Assist the Styling Team in tracking, organizing, and retiring props
- Have likeness used on film, tape, photograph and record for various content projects
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
- Follow legal policies as directed
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience styling products for commercial photography/video productions, with significant experience styling home products or environments
- 3+ years experience supervising others
- Demonstrate strong understanding of color theory, two dimensional composition and styling techniques by submitting a portfolio of work
- Experience styling bedding and other textiles/soft goods required
- Expert in 2-dimensional design, color theory and visual problem solving
- Ability to display flexibility with scheduling on location shoots and during times of peak shooting
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One and DSLRs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work within and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to display flexibility with scheduling and travel during location shoots and times of peak shooting
- Ability to handle high pressure situations while maintaining professionalism
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to attend events
- Willing to work a non-traditional schedule to accommodate activities
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.