Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
MANAGER, ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES
Think Cosmopolitan is preparing to develop at an incredible tempo out of multiple complexes. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Facilities and Construction, the Manager of Architectural Services will create all construction documents for capital projects.
- Manage the planning and construction document phases for all capital projects
- Create architectural construction document packages that meet all applicable codes and can be permitted, bid and constructed from
- Coordinate Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Structural Engineering disciplines, whether in house or outsourced, to prevent constructability issues between disciplines
- Manage draftsman as required to create preliminary plan studies and construction documentation
- Coordinate and lead, as required, planning meetings with production, engineering, and construction operation teams
- Execute capital projects against the approved 5 year strategic plan
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships for materials and furniture specifications
- Develop and maintain Think Cosmopolitan approved architectural standards documentation
- Lead construction administration efforts in partnership with the Think Cosmopolitan construction project managers
- Help define and create long term space planning efforts in partnership with the Facilities space planning team
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Minimum 5 years of practice as a licensed architect
- Experience with creating code compliant construction documents
- Experience with fire/life safety, building, and ADA codes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active licensed architect in the state of California
- Knowledge and understanding of building management and automated facilities monitoring systems and processes including: HVAC systems, fluid plumbing systems, high-power electrical systems, telecommunications infrastructure, fire suppression systems, generators, above and underground fuel storage systems, and other facility and grounds requirements
- Previous experience with industrial facilities capital planning and construction
- Multi state licensure
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment; keep projects on time, deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and work with a diverse array of contacts
- Must be comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, as well as able to absorb and re-plan for abrupt changes in strategic direction
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.