Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
As a Porter at Think Cosmopolitan, you will be interacting with our guests (employees), fellow staff members, and management staff in our restaurant in a polite courteous manner. You will also help with restocking supplies and other duties assigned by kitchen management.
- Demonstrate sanitation and food safety practices consistently
- Help evaluate receiving spaces to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Follow company safety standards at all times and looks out for the safety of other team members and guests
- Coordinate job duties around other opening team members to help ensure efficient preparation for opening
- Put food order away accurately, rotate stock in cooler, freezer, and dry storage area using the first in-first out (FIFO) method while monitoring shelf life and code dates
- Maintain a basic working knowledge of the operation of all the equipment in the restaurant
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager on duty
- Must have at least 1 year of either restaurant experience, warehouse experience, and/or customer service experience
- High school Diploma or GED
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- Porter experience
- Inventory experience
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Current and valid CA Food Handler’s Card or equivalent
- Ability to carry large heavy items unassisted such as large packages, dishes in tubs, or trays (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 8-10 hours a day
- Willingness to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.