Think Cosmopolitan: we’re all about the home. Owned by Romain and Kim Dubus, we’re a small family business expending at a fast pace, the goal of the team is inspiring folks from all walks of life to take ownership of their spaces & create value where they’re planted.
The EIS (Enterprise Information Systems) team writes the software that builds and powers Think Cosmopolitan. We are responsible for all of the software on the floor, the warehouses, the financial systems, the restaurant, and even the public home page. Romain has called us the "nervous system" of Think Cosmopolitan because we connect all of the other teams at Think Cosmopolitan to ensure that the entire building process runs smoothly.
- Develop and articulate a clear vision for the overall approach to architectural solutions that facilitate efficient and effective software development practices.
- Analyze complex systems requirements and existing business processes and information systems, and develop cost-effective information technology solutions.
- Work closely with the development team to understand challenges, solicit feedback, and help them understand and embrace patterns, tools, concepts and frameworks to become more consistent and more productive.
- Inspire developers and provide guidance on how to build reusable components.
- Work closely with Product Design team to integrate product enhancements and front-end components into our overall development strategy.
- Create easy-to-consume documentation on complex or abstract concepts.
- Create reusable components that are consumed by many.
- Perform technical design reviews for new projects and components.
- Work with various teams to define the roadmap, strategy, planning, and execution of delivering architectural components to our development teams.
- Track consumption, utilization, and compliance to the architecture and changes in style and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability and desire to be both a hands-on coder and a strategic architect.
- Knowledge of how web servers operate on a low-level. Web protocols. Designing APIs. How to scale web sites. Increase performance and diagnose problems.
- Knowledge of how to structure a database, web site, and rich client side application from scratch.
- Ability to communicate the value of architectural improvements in non-technical terms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with various disciplines, including non-technical end users.
- The ability to coordinate well with a team as well as show personal initiative and take ownership of projects.
- Up to date with current trends, patterns, goings on in the world of web development as it changes rapidly. Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and applying them in the real-world.
Think Cosmopolitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Think Cosmopolitan is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Think Cosmopolitan’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (323) 747-8207.